|Job Title: Human Resource Generalist||Job Grade: Senior Officer|
|Reporting to: Human Resource Manager||Work Relationships: All Department|
|Department: Human Resource Department||Travel: 5% (as required by role)|
|Location: Warri & Benin, Nigeria|
About Our Client:
A multi-locational and multi-speciality hospital with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment offering a complete range of multi-disciplinary and integrated medical care driven by appropriate and top-notch technology. With over three decades of expertise in treating patients from all parts of Nigeria and many countries of the world, the organisation has vacancies for human resource generalists for both Warri and Benin locations.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for supporting the human resource manager in implementing strategic human resource policies and strategies. The job holder is expected to operationalize HR strategy across the HR value chain including recruitment and selection, performance management, employee relations, organizational development, learning and development, grievance and dispute resolution amongst others.
The Human Resource Generalist shall be responsible for updating current and designing new recruiting procedures, hiring qualified people while maintaining a positive candidate experience, keeping track of recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-fill and cost-per-hire), supervising the recruiting team and reporting on its performance.
The Human Resource Generalist shall coordinate all employment processes to ensure we hire qualified employees to meet our company’s current and future needs, undertake all hiring activities, from advertising open roles to interviewing candidates, closing hires and supervise new employees orientation, induction and on boarding process, connecting with potential candidates online and offline, screening applications and supporting hiring managers.
• Employee Relations: Communication with the entire workforce, develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information, recommending courses of action, collate employee relations information including investigation reports, disciplinary notes of the hospital, investigate and prepare documents for all Employee relation cases and procedures.
• Performance Management: Support in the administration of the performance management process from goal, target and key performance indicator setting to appraisal and rewards administration, engage individual employees with performance related challenges and support them to resolve such challenges.
• Learning and Development: Support employees in identifying personal competency gaps and training needs. Prepare organization wide yearly training plan to address identified competency gaps for all employees.
• Succession Planning: Develop, implement, monitor and update succession plans for the hospital. Put structures in place to identify understudies. Sets standards for the development, implementation and monitoring of the Company’s Succession plan, manpower and career development policy.
• Organizational Design: Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Responsible for institutional initiatives related to building a productive work environment and maintaining a balanced organizational culture within the hospital.
• Rewards and Recognition: Define and maintain a competitive and merit-based compensation system to support company strategy, design and implement recognition programs to retain talents, prepare remuneration intelligence report and draft recommendations for consideration by the hospital.
• Recruitment: Be responsible for branch talent acquisition and recruitment functions (such as sourcing, screening and selection). Supervise orientation, induction and on boarding of new employees.
• Sourcing and reaching out to qualified candidates for current open roles
• Serving as a go-between for candidates and hiring managers
• Coordinating the hiring process end-to-end
• Review recruitment software and suggest the best option for company needs
• Build and report on quarterly and annual hiring plans
• Create and publish job ads in various portals, research and choose best job advertising options
• Network with potential hires through professional groups on social media and during events
• Collaborate with hiring managers to set qualification criteria for future employees
• Screen resumes and job applications
• Conduct initial phone screens to create shortlists of qualified candidates
• Interview candidates in-person for a wide range of roles (junior, senior and executive)
• Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire
• Design, distribute and measure the results of candidate experience surveys
• Train and advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods
• Host and participate in job fairs
• Follow up with candidates throughout the hiring process
• Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings
• Recommend ways to improve our employer brand
• Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs
• Stay up-to-date on labor legislation and update hiring managers about changes in regulations
• Build the company’s professional network through relationships with HR professionals, colleges and other partners
The Person Requirements:
• B.Sc. in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or relevant field with HR academic background
• Membership of relevant professional bodies such as CIPM, CIPD, and any other relevant bodies
• 4 to 6 years’ proven experience as an HR Generalist or similar role
• Demonstrate core competencies across the HR Value Chain
• A working knowledge of relevant National Labour Laws
• Excellent verbal and written communication, team management skills and team spirit
• Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills
• Excellent, negotiation, business presentation and people management skills
• Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office package and hands-on experience with the large job sites
• Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media and niche professional websites like LinkedIn, Facebook and GitHub
• Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
• Experienced in (phone and in-person) interviews, screening and evaluating candidates
Interested & Qualified Applicants to send their CVs Marked HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST to:
CLOSING DATE: Friday, August 21, 2020 @ 3pm.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.