PROGRAMME PURPOSE: Ask any CEO, HR Director, or Business Leader and he/she will tell you that finding and keeping key talent is one of their biggest concerns. A lack of succession planning for leaders and key experts is like coaching a soccer team with only first-string players—everything is great until you lose a key player with no one on the bench ready to play, leaving a gaping hole and an advantage for the competitor. Talent is the new engine of the present economy. So much so that Organisations with foresight focus on keeping the people who keep their company in business.
Are you responsible for planning and executing the talent management strategy, talent review meetings, succession & talent agenda, high potential leadership programs and leadership development? This practical and interactive HRCI Pre-Approved workshop is for you!
Whether you are enhancing a current talent review-succession strategy or implementing this as a new strategy, you will take away new ideas, tools, best practice advice and pitfalls to avoid. The program includes strategic issues, project plan ideas & templates and practical “ready-to-use” tools and templates. Facilitated based on years of practical application by Adebayo Akinloye, Assc.CIPD, ACIPM. The sessions will cover the details in the Talent Benchstrength® books published by Doris Sims Spies, SPHR; The Talent Review Meeting Facilitator’s Guide, and the 30-Minute Guide to Talent & Succession Management. This workshop also equips you with practical information and tools you can use on the job to plan and implement a Talent Review and Succession Management program in your organisation.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Human Resource, Business Leaders and Professionals who are responsible for leading, planning, implementing and executing the talent review, succession strategy, career & performance management, learning and talent development within their organisation, to identify and develop leadership talent for organisational growth and productivity. Aspiring HR Practitioners and Leaders can take advantage of this opportunity.
WORKSHOP LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learn talent review and succession concepts, philosophies, tools and strategic decisions
- Learn how to communicate and measure the business value of talent and succession management to business leaders effectively
- Practice preparing for Talent Review Meetings, including:
- Explaining the 9-Box Talent Benchstrength Chart (and helping managers calibrate using the 9-Box)
- Provide a Preparation Checklist for managers
- How to make appropriate Talent Review development
- Scribing the Talent Review meeting
- Talent Review meeting agendas, ground rules, materials, etc.
- Learn how to plan and facilitate Talent Review Meetings
- Learn high potential leadership strategy, options, criteria and assessment tools
- Learn succession strategy, options, successor identification tools and development
- Create a 3-year Talent-Succession Strategic Plan and Metrics Plan
- Increase accountability, validity and results from your Talent Review-Succession processes.
DETAILED WORKSHOP CONTENT:
Introduction: Talent Management – Foundational Concepts
– Presentation: What is Talent Benchstrength? Terms and Concepts
– Talent Management, Performance Management, High Potentials, High Performers, Successors—Can We Have Some Clarification Please?
– Talent Management—A Risk Management Business Process
– Explaining Talent Management to Business Leaders
– Core Elements of the Talent Management Annual Process
Talent Management and Succession Culture Decisions, Project Planning and Processes
– Talent Management Culture Questions and Group Activity/Discussion
– The Ten Steps of the Talent – Succession Strategy Project Planning & Implementation
– Succession Strategy and Decisions
– Succession Purpose, Categories and Tools
– Defining Your Talent Management Strategy, Goals and Timeline
– Creating a Talent Council/Steering Committee
Talent Assessment and Talent Review Meeting Tools
– Talent Assessment Tools, Profiles, Best Practices, Options, and Processes
– Exercise – Reviewing Assessment Data Prior to the Talent Review Meeting
– Discussing & Calibrating 9-Box Ratings with Managers – Calibrating Performance and Potential
– Exercise – Calibrating with the 9-Box – Performance and Potential Ratings
Communications and Preparation
– Preparing the Leaders: Planning Your Communication Strategy and Tools
– Talent Review Meeting Logistics – Determining the Length, Agenda, Ground Rules and Audience
– Exercise: Case Scenario—Planning the Talent Review Meeting Logistics
High Potential and Succession Strategic Decisions, Definitions, Criteria, Issues
– High Potential Categories, Selection Criteria and Definitions
– Successor & Successor Categories
– Succession Planning Strategy and Tools
– Identifying Roles Criticality to drive Succession Planning
– Key Talent Options
Talent Review Meeting Facilitation Techniques
– Planning the Meeting Agenda, Ground Rules, Logistics and Tips
– The Roles of the Talent Review Meeting Facilitator and Scribe
– Keeping the Meeting on Track
– Questioning Techniques for Talent Review Meeting Facilitators
Role Play: Talent Review Meeting and Debrief
After the Talent Review Meeting—Metrics, Accountability and Results
– Obtaining Feedback, and Communicating Results
– Talent Review Development Recommendations – trends, themes, and development action plans
– Post Talent Review Meeting Actions
– To Tell or Not to Tell: High Potential Notification Options
– High Potential Development Options, Decisions and Programs
– Reviewing Metrics, Examples of Charts and Graphs
– Participants receive and use Doris Sims’ Books in the workshop:
“The Talent Review Meeting Facilitator’s Guide” and
“The 30-Minute Guide to Talent and Succession Management”.
– Participants receive hardcopy and some softcopy versions of some talent benchstrength tools and templates.
WORKSHOP ACTIVITIES AND LEARNING METHODS
– Play the online “Talent Benchstrength Quiz Game” (Pre-work)
– Participants will also play the only Talent Benchstrength Board Game in the World
– Talent Management Culture: Workshop Discussion
– Case Study Exercise: Reviewing Talent Assessment Data – Preparing for a Talent Review
– 9-Box Calibration Practice Exercise
– Talent Review Role Play Exercise
WORKSHOP FEE: N195,000 Per Attendee.
Early Bird Rates:
1. Register on or before Feb 25th: N160,000
2. Register after Feb 25th: N195,000
4. Contact us for workshop group rates & private sessions